Friday, June 24, 2011

When The Falcon Strikes

Whatup! Whatup!

I don't think I need pictures (though I may take pics of my wet shoes and bag) to let you guys know that how bad the effect of Typhoon Falcon was here in the Philippines. I'll just tell you my story.

It was around 5pm and I was at the office. I had a gut feeling the storm was gonna get bad, so I told my boss that I was leaving the office early, due to an emergency. I left the office, passed through SM Megamall ('cause my office is right behind it) to avoid the heavy rains. I got changed and ran my ass to bus so I could avoid the heavy traffic. I got on a bus partially soaked.

As soon as I got to Pasay Rotonda, I didn't know how bad the situation was there. Ankle-High Waters on the street. Damn, I didn't care. I battled my way through crowds and the waters, not giving a rat's ass whether I get wet or hit people along the way. I needed to get home.

I got to the LRT, my shoes were soaked, my shorts were wet and my bag (Thank God is was weather-proof) was partially soaked. I got on the train thinking about the floods in Taft. And it wasn't new to me. I got to Taft and the floods were bad. People were stranded in their cars and in different establishments around the area. Most people were stranded in school, and some battled the bad weather. I rushed to 10Q, with the thought of stocking up on food and water. Right there and then, I couldn't help but think about my last state in a Typhoon this bad.

I was back on the streets, trying to make my way back to the dorm. The flood was KNEE-HIGH by then. I couldn't care less. I walked in the deep waters and made my way to the dorm. By this time, I was soaked. My shorts were wet, my bag was wet and my umbrella nearly broke. I was walking along the street of my dorm, miserable and cold, yet happy. I was happy that I got back, not knowing what could have happened to me if I had stayed in the office a little more or if I had not decided to Leonidas (Spartan) my way back to the dorm.

Hey, I may have gotten sick, but atleast I'm good.

That's my story of Typhoon Falcon.

DEUCES!

-Gab the BeatBoxMachine

No comments:

Post a Comment